Payroll Manager - permanent
This role will report to the Head of HR. The successful candidate will work closely with internal HR and Finance functions, as well as the external payroll service provider, to oversee and approve the weekly and monthly payroll process for c. 1,300 employees in Ireland. The company is in the process of change, so this is an excellent opportunity for a self-motivated individual to assist in building out and leading change within the payroll process.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
- Lead the development and execution of the Payroll strategy and provide industry expertise to assist decision making;
- Support the operational business goals and objectives. Anticipate needs, identify necessary resources and assess opportunities against business objectives;
- Manage risk and determine creative means to implement new and innovative technical and process solutions;
- Overall responsibility for the quality, accuracy – including financial reconciliations, oversight, management and timely delivery of the company’s payroll function.
- Identify, prioritise and implement process, control and policy improvement opportunities. Champions a culture of continuous improvement;
- Work in partnership with our outsourced payroll provider to deliver weekly and monthly payroll;
- Together with the Payroll Analyst, address employees’ queries as they arise;
- Ensure that all scheduled reports are accurately executed;
- Ensure the timely input of payroll-related tasks including additions and deductions (Bonus, BIK, Subs);
- Monitor the integrity of the payroll data;
- Understand taxation of employer paid benefits;
- Work alongside other relevant stakeholders, such as HR, Finance etc. in a timely manner;
- All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public using the premises;
- Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team’s, objectives.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge and attributes:
- Minimum of 7 years Irish payroll experience;
- Payroll Qualification (IPASS preferred);
- Knowledge of relevant Irish tax/payroll legislation;
- Stakeholder Management;
- Experience of large volume and/or multiple payrolls;
- A high level of attention to detail;
- An ability to work to strict deadlines;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Experience implementing new payroll systems would be preferred but not essential;
- Experience working as a part of a HR team would be preferred but not essential;
- Experience in updating and maintaining a time and attendance system would be preferred but not essential;
- Experience in Vendor Management would be preferred but not essential.