Payroll / Accounts Assistant
Citywest, Dublin 24
Start Date: November 2020
My client is seeking to appoint an experienced Payroll / Accounts Assistant on a full time permanent basis.
The successful candidate will need to have experience in both Payroll and Accounts.
Experience using Sage Micropay and SAP Business 1 would be a distinct advantage
To manage and control the daily activities of the company in relation to Debtors and Creditors. You will report to the company Management Accountant
- You will be responsible for the production of all invoicing (daily and monthly) for the Print and kitting departments of the company
- You will manage and control the debtor accounts ensuring that all invoices are paid in accordance with the company terms and conditions.
- Any problem accounts will be escalated to either the Management Accountant or the Finance Director for resolution
- You will ensure that purchase order numbers are acquired to enable the invoices to be sent out
- You will prepare ad hoc reports as required to assist in achieving greater efficiencies in the business
- You will operate the accounts receivable in a professional manner and assist in maintaining our Debtor days at 65 days
- You will ensure that best practices are adapted in speedily resolving customer issues
- You will be responsible for the monthly payroll for all staff. This includes the calculation of overtime, monitoring of holidays and reporting of same to senior management, management of sick days in accordance with employee contracts, management of any staff loan repayments
- You will generate the payroll file for submission to the bank for payment.
- You will manage the accounts payable function to ensure that the processing and entering of purchase invoices and purchase payments are done in accordance with company rules.
- Payments are to be made monthly in accordance with agreed terms
- All supplier queries are to be dealt with as efficiently as possible
- You will perform monthly reconciliations to supplier statements to ensure that monthly accruals figure is accurate
- You will assist in authorising and posting various bank transactions and monthly reconciliations
- You will assist in the production of management profit and loss accounts for different departments of the business.
- You will operate the petty cash in accordance with company rules
For more information on this role, please contact Damian Ryan.
Tel: 045-988500 / 085-8749410