This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience in a fast moving and dynamic retail company. Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will be part of a high-performance Finance Team. The role would suit a person who has experience in a similar environment and has strong experience and understanding of producing monthly financial accountants for reporting to Corporate Head Office.
Initially your tasks will include:
• Assist in preparation of monthly financial accounts
• Accounting for prepayments and accruals
• Accounting for supplier rebate claims
• Fixed asset accounting
• Capital expenditure tracking and reporting
• Balance sheet account reconciliations
• Completion of monthly reporting packs
• Assisting in preparation of statutory audits
This list is not exhaustive and other duties will be assigned.
Your knowledge, skills and experience include:
• Qualified/Part Qualified accountant ACA, ACCA or ACMA with experience in producing monthly accounts to corporate reporting deadlines.
• Experience in producing consolidated accounts for multi company/departmental entities
• Strong MS excel and analytical skills
Excellent Organisational Skills / Good Time Management – Highly organised individual. Ability to complete tasks, maintain documentation, and adhere to best practice standards. Meeting deadlines and managing time to allow for improvement of the business not just maintenance of the business.
Effective Communicator / Good Listener – Exceptional interpersonal skills both verbal and written. Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective professional relationships internally and externally.
Team & Collaborative Working – The ability to work closely with colleagues, managers, warehouse and stores. A proactive approach to working with others, sharing ideas, and identify company issues.
Previous Retail / FMCG experience would be an advantage
Salary Negotiable DOE
Increasing Annual Leave with Service