Part Qualified Accountant
Kildare South - Permanent
Start Date: October 2020
My client is seeking to appoint an experienced Part Qualified Accountant on a full time permanent basis.
The successful candidate must have experience of preparing monthly accounts to P&L and Balance Sheet.
Strong Excel skills are required for this role.
- Working with a progressive trading team to ensure business needs (day to day and project led) are planned, actioned and completed
- Preparation of Weekly accounts.
- Analysing weekly P&L’s to report into sales and purchasing managers along with in depth analysis focusing on margin maximisation in line with short, medium and long term business goals
- Develop and track business key performance indicators
- Produce monthly update reports – operations, financial, technical
- Supporting MD with monthly department meetings analysing results and forecasts
- Review of monthly business performance and input into Board pack
- Working with key departmental heads to formulate budgets and rolling forecasts for presentation into a board pack
- Undertake adhoc analysis for senior leadership team
- Proactively analyse business and market trends to provide insights for senior leadership team
- Engage in numerous projects, giving support in accounting, financial and commercial analysis.
- Customer Gap Analysis, proactively identifying areas of opportunities and/or improvement based on trends in the data.
- Develop KPI reporting that highlights the key performance metrics, providing timely and insightful analysis on the key drivers and risks and opportunities
- Build and maintain different reporting tools, such as dashboards or reports, to provide insights into Principle & Customer performance
- Support short and long term operational/strategic business activities through analysis
- Providing and assisting senior stakeholders in the business with ad-hoc analysis and insights when required
- Profit and cost saving analysis
- Responsible for delivering best in class processes and ways of working across the division to ensure all resources are effectively utilised.
- Highly self-motivated
- Inquisitive and analytical mind-set, capable of and willing to work on own initiative within parameters of a given project or objective.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Financial modelling experience essential
- Strong business acumen and excellent financial skills.
- In depth P&L understanding, forecast planning and managing budgets
- Energetic and proactive
- Good initiative to work both with and independent of the senior management team
- Problem solving and structured analysis skills.
- Ability to work with and interpret large volumes of financial data in different formats from different sources.
- Commercially minded with financial relevant experience of working in a fast-paced environment
- Project management skills.
- Excellent IT skills & knowledge of the Microsoft suite of products, specifically Excel (advanced), Word & Access.
- Excellent communicator – both verbal and written, with ability to translate and communicate financial data to a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Proven working experience in the area, with 2+ yrs. in a similar role
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise, analyse, information.
- Ability to prioritise workload and deliver to deadlines
- Team Player, flexible and proactively uses own initiative
- Completer/Finisher – follow through tasks, queries etc. to completion
- Exemplary attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience of working in a multi-functional business unit environment. Knowledge of broad business management and commercial management skills.
For more information on this role, please contact Damian Ryan.
Tel: 045-988500 / 085-8749410