The Packaging Lead will support the manufacturing schedule for the Packaging Department through the consistent, efficient, validated and safe packaging of finished pharmaceutical products in strict compliance with cGMP.
- Lead and promote a culture of Safety, Quality and Continuous Improvement within the Packaging Department
- Actively participate / be a leader in programs to maintain a positive working environment for all staff.
- Preparation & execution of regulatory, internal & customer audits.
- Provide first-line support and act as mentor to the Operations Team Leaders and trainees in the area.
- Working alongside the HR department, lead & drive recruitment for the Packaging Department.
- Direct line management of a team of Operational Support staff & all associated activities.
- Maintain, calculate & publish various KPI systems identified.
- Assistance in the development of a documentation system to augment training, compliance and cGMP in the Packaging Department (SOPs, EPIs, training records).
- Key interface with other Departments in the business, such as Planning and Supply Chain, Quality and Technical Services
- Develop a solid technical knowledge on the following;
- Primary blister packaging including camera systems
- Secondary packaging including serialisation / aggregation processes
- The nuances and requirements of a diverse portfolio of packaging formats
- IT data control & systems maintenance (SAP/XFP)
- Minimum of a Degree in Science or related discipline.
- Relevant Lean qualification desirable.
- Experience in a leadership role, dealing with significant change.
- Previous experience in managing the performance of individual team members and that of the overall team/department.