Salary: €15 - €18 per hour
**Up to 8 week contract initially
- To efficiently manage raw materials stocks to ensure that all materials required for production are available to site.
- To ensure sufficient sundry packaging is available to meet the agreed Master Production Schedule.
- To guarantee raw materials and packaging are available to site, while working within the agreed inventory levels, and to manage the shelf life and stock levels to avoid obsolescence.
- Production Schedule – Each finished product is produced to a standard recipe. Management of the raw material stock required for each production run from the projected production plan.
- Raw Material Stock Levels – Compare the current stock level with projected production plans, forecast raw material requirements and stock levels and place orders with approved suppliers.
- Stock Obsolescence – Raw Materials and Packaging become obsolete if not used within the minimum shelf life of a product, or the forward demand has reduced since the stock was delivered. This information must be highlighted to the relevant business sector, so that solutions can be found.
- Supplier Lead Times – Each raw material and packaging item has a minimum number of days required, from the placement of an order to the delivery of the goods. Manage the order process by being familiar with the lead times of all materials so that all required raw material / cartons are available for production runs.
- Safety Stock Levels – Management of safety stock on key critical items.
- Customer Service Levels – This is the most important KPI of the Planning function. Working within the agreed lead times, raw materials and packaging cannot cause customer service issues.
- Production downtime – The level of production downtime, due to unavailability of raw materials and packaging must be zero.
- Place purchase orders and print run orders in a timely manner, and monitor, so that delivery is made on time to meet the demands from the production schedule.
- Supply vendors with forward forecasts to assist them in keeping the raw material lead time to a minimum.
- Support NPD initiatives to launch.
- Manage workflow queries.
- Manage and review inventory levels and working capital, focusing on stock balances, aged stock and stock with no forecast.
- The ideal individual will have a minimum of 1 – 2 years experience in Supply Chain in the FMCG environment and will have a proven record of Material Requirements Planning expertise.
- A 3rd level qualification in Business, Materials Management, Supply Chain/Logistics would be desirable but not essential.
- The ideal candidate will have the ability to demonstrate an understanding of the supply chain in the ROI market place.
- Strong analytical and numerical abilities.
- Ability to achieve strict deadlines and delivers on promises.
- Strong focus on attention to detail and thoroughness.
- Excellent people and customer service capability.
- Excellent communication skills and work ethic.
- Ability to use resources effectively.
- Ability to interrupt and analyze data and be confident with numbers.
- Ability to analyze, decide and prioritize tasks.
- Supply chain knowledge
- Knowledge of large scale, multiple SKU manufacturing environments
- Financial awareness / cost management knowledge
- Experience with SAP MRP/SD modules.
- Customer focused
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi task
- Problem Solving
- Decisions at pace
- Excellent and effective planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent PC Skills (SAP, Excel etc)
- Problem solving – identifying why the problem has happened and putting forward possible solutions.
- High level of SAP skills required.
- PC proficient in Microsoft Office.