Permanent Full time
The Master Planner has overall responsibility for developing the master production plan to satisfy customer demands. Strong collaboration with the Business Managers, Operations, Sales, Customer Service and Management will be critical to meeting business goals, the role will report directly to the Planning Manager.
Responsibilities will include:
- Create a rolling three month Master Production Plan for designated products.
- Utilise the production capacity, taking into consideration the sales forecast, historical sales and new business opportunities.
- Analyse and identify risks associated with the options built into the Master Production Plan, including manufacturing lead times.
- Perform supply demand analysis each quarter, highlighting areas of concern for the next twelve months.
- Make delivery commitments, which involve checking uncommitted material and availability of capacity.
- Develop inventory targets to achieve targeted inventory levels on both a cost and unit basis.
- Maintain finished goods inventory at target levels in ensure high service levels, i.e. product availability.
- Project finished goods inventory levels on a quarterly basis. Achieve desired corporate inventory turn targets.
- Insure co-ordination with plant schedulers to execute Production Plan on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Monitor actual output versus the Master Production Plan. Identify gaps and drive solutions, including a metric on production performance to the requested production schedule.
- Minimum of 2 – 3 years’ experience in managing manufacturing processes, productivity, and efficiency measurements.
- Experience in using SAP systems especially Advance Planning Systems.
- Preferred areas of study; Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Operation Research.