Shift Maintenance Technician, Co. Kildare
Permanent, full time role
Shift rotation between day/evening/nights
- Operate and monitor factory equipment whilst in operational & stand by condition, take action within defined limits to correct deviation from recognised operating parameters in order to maintain operational safety, security of supply and efficiency.
- create, plan, monitor & close work orders, develop traceable asset histories & record spare parts transactions – FLEX CMMS
- Must be able to work off own initiative and recommend problem solving techniques or implementing solutions to resolve engineering, systems, contractor and vendor challenges that arise on the site.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement initiatives as appropriate – Lean
- Carry out preventative and corrective maintenance, completing all associated paperwork and records ensure all equipment data is accurate and kept up to date.
- Maintain critical spares inventory on site and reduce total cost of maintenance by effective scheduling of the maintenance programs.
- Ability to assess and deal with minor electrical issues.
- Manage Contractors on site, issue permits and attend risk assessments
- Issue work permits to contractors/other teams.
- Be able to multi task and solve problems that arise on site to a constantly changing environment. Job requires these problems to be resolved quickly and efficiently.
- Ensuring that all necessary regulatory service permits, permissions, registers are in place & up to date.
- Be able to multi task and solve problems that arise on site. Job requires these problems to be resolved quickly and efficiently.
- Good attention to detail.
- Attending meetings as necessary
- Maintain Assets (condition monitoring, PM, reactive maintenance)
- Coordinate with internal and external customers as necessary
- Preventing accidents and controlling hazards and hazardous material.
- Ensuring adherence to H&S Procedures and Good Manufacturing Practices, where necessary develop & implement additional controls and processes to ensure compliance.
- Ensure the engineering activity in the Production Areas conforms to quality standards
- Work on any projects as required.
- A relevant third level engineering qualification or at minimum a Fás Mechanical Fitter Time-served Apprenticeship (Junior & Senior Trades), or equivalent.
- Fabrication and welding
- Strong knowledge of electrics and electrical components especially PLC’s, Inverter’s and motors
- Min 2-3 years, exposure in Maintenance, Facilities or General Engineering role.
- Proven experience at a similar level in a Food, Pharma or Manufacturing facility.