Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive proactive operational risk identification and mitigation
- Support production at all times by ensuring minimum response times to equipment breakdowns and achievement of equipment availability and OEE targets.
- Ensure compliance to all aspects of the company’s Health, Safety and Environmental procedures are maintained.
- Identify and report operational and maintenance problems to prevent production delays.
- Schedule routine inspection and maintenance of production equipment to prevent equipment break-downs and malfunctioning.
- Timely and effective troubleshooting and repair of day-to-day equipment and systems issues.
- Implementation and on-going development of Total Productive Maintenance systems in conjunction with Operations team.
- Lead and manage all contractors for both on-going maintenance requirements and engineering projects.
- Operation, co-ordination and management of Engineering Stores and the spares requirements.
- Work with other staff in diagnosing causes of system, equipment or material failures.
- Collect and utilise data reports on equipment and systems to generate improvement initiatives to better meet customer and user demands.
- Liaise with the Operations team in the planning of maintenance work and addressing equipment performance issues.
- Recommend process or system modifications. Assist in diagnosing and finding the answers to technical problems.
- Maximise equipment and plant availability through the root cause identification and subsequent elimination of problems/defects.
- Reduction/Elimination of all sources of waste and customer complaints.
- Relevant experience following completion of an Electrical/Mechanical apprenticeship or a two-three year college programme in engineering technology (i.e. mechanical, electrical, etc.).
- Cross functional skill set.
- A thorough knowledge of the theories and principles of engineering for both electrical and mechanical maintenance across all disciplines is required as well as a sound understanding of design concepts.
- Demonstrated track record in diagnosing and correcting technical problems using own initiative and in a team based GMP environment.
- Ability to work using your own initiative.
Please Submit CV in Word Format.