Permanent full time
Day role - Tuesday to Friday and Saturday (Saturday hours - 8am to 1pm)
Qualification(s): Recognised trade discipline in either electrical or mechanical fitting (electrical bias preferred)
The ideal candidate will be a qualified electrician with a strong mechanical skill set (ideally with a FMCG production background).
- An organised self-starter with excellent communication skills and strong problem solving abilities.
- The ability to work on their own initiative in a fast paced production environment.
Working within a two person maintenance team, the Multi skilled maintenance technician will be reporting to the maintenance manager and be responsible for the day to day preventative and reactive maintenance, and continuous improvement within the factory.
- The role will involve working with the larger production team to delivery on common targets of production, quality and safety.
- Respond to breakdowns during the shift, ensuring minimum downtime is experienced.
- Ownership and competence in the following areas:
- High speed PLC automated packing machinery, equipment, and conveyors
- Single phase and 3 phase electricity
- 3 phase motors, Gearboxes and Variable Speed Drives
- Compressed air plant and pneumatics'
- Mechanical plant: stainless steel conveyor belts, bearings, drives, chains, pulley drives
- Refrigerant chill and freezer systems
- LV / MV Switchgear, lighting systems, emergency lighting, fire alarm
- Ability to read engineering drawings electrical and mechanical.
- Monitoring and record the use of spare parts
- Ordering of spare parts and working within budgetary constraints.
- Ability to manage external contractors and organise site visits
- Work effectively within all departments.
- Co-operate and participate fully in training and development in cross-skilling and other job-related competencies
- Perform routine maintenance and repair of plant and equipment in accordance with PM schedule and record keeping
- Shift and ‘on-call' work in hours and out of hours when required.
- Cover of maintenance mangers role during holidays and absence
- Carry out any reasonable request by their line manager
- Time served Electrician with Craft Certificate with at least 2/3 years post apprenticeship experience. Time served fitters with solid electrical knowledge and experience will also be considered.
- High-level diagnostic and problem solving skills within an automated food production environment desirable.
- Mechanical background a plus
- Understand and be highly proficient in information systems, e.g. Email, Microsoft Office, etc.
- Demonstrate understanding of H&S statutory requirements
- To be flexible and adaptable as to meet the needs of the business into the future.
- A team player who is also able to work alone on own initiative, with good time management skills.