Leinster Appointments is currently recruiting for a Maintenance Technician on behalf of our Food Manufacturing client in Co. Kildare.
This is a permanent, full-time role which includes night shift work.
- Carry out the execution of the preventive maintenance
- Cost control consciousness
- Electrical and Mechanical trouble-shooting
- Technical support for the plant facilities and services, including compressed air, refrigeration and steam.
- Update the maintenance management system (CMMS), records of all changes, stores transactions made and work carried out
- Responsible for completion of your planned work, shifts daily input of all works onto CMMS, parts booked out of stores and control of breakdowns
- Electro-mechanical repairs to high-speed, PLC-controlled plant, handling and packaging equipment, also pneumatic and hydraulic control systems
- Closely monitor line and machine performance and intervene on line as soon as any deterioration in performance occurs
- Work with equipment suppliers on new equipment and installations and modifications
- Recording of all damage to dept. equipment and reporting to department, engineering supervisor on same.
- Possess relevant trade qualification.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in similar role in regulated manufacturing environment
- Possess mechanical and electrical maintenance experience and/or qualifications.
- Excellent awareness and experience in relation to Quality, Health and Safety.
- Experienced in fault finding and problem solving
- Comprehensive Knowledge of high-speed mechanical systems, electrical systems, automation and PLC control systems
- Good PC Skills also required
- Be familiar with planned preventative maintenance.
- Knowledge and experience in Maintenance strategy, Maintenance organisation and systems