Hybrid North Kildare ( Min 1 day per week in the office)
INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL - 2 trips per year (1-2 weeks each trip).
• Providing day to day support and technical financial advice & expertise to the Finance and Administration Managers in country, undertaking direct field support as required.
• Proposing continuous improvements on coherent and or harmonised policies that will be of benefit to financial management in the International Division.
• Contributing to the continuous strengthening of a global finance team, including the facilitation of monthly international finance team calls and leading on the organisation of annual finance meetings.
Financial Reporting & Budgeting
• Gathering, compiling and sharing financial information across a range of countries as required, to facilitate and enhance decision-making at organisational level and ensure transparency and accountability.
• Financial and narrative reporting to the International Division and the Head of Finance on financial issues, trends, etc. across a range of countries.
• Liaising with the Finance and Administration Managers to ensure all country programmes meet budgeting, reporting, accounting and other financial processes and deadlines, as set out by HQ.
Grant Financial Management
• Providing support to country offices on partner financial management.
• Technical input on complex donor proposals and reports.
• Providing support to country offices on grant management financial guidelines and compliance requirements.
• Overseeing the implementation of financial management policies and controls across a range of countries.
• Reporting on any lack of compliance, weaknesses or problems, whether actual or potential, concerning the financial reporting, accounting, audit or any matter in a country office which could have financial implications.
• Periodically reviewing the financial management accounting systems, controls and procedures in place in the country office to ensure they are effective and in line with organisational policy.
• Undertaking field trips (twice per year) to ensure that appropriate systems of financial & internal control are in place in field offices and to incorporate changes as required to organisational finance systems in order to meet country office needs.
• Contributing to and or taking the lead on specific projects as agreed upon by the International Finance Operations Manager.
• Provide assistance to the HQ finance team during the year-end organisational audit.
Qualified Chartered or Certified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or CPA).
Experience and skills:
Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to connect with people and to convert data into information, including professional presentation of information;
Ability to maintain good working relationships in a multi-cultural environment.
Understanding of key principles of sound financial management, financial control procedures and risk management;
High quality analytical, problem solving, and conceptual skills necessary for effective strategic thinking and clear decision making.
Qualities: An approach to work based on integrity; values-driven; flexible and open to change. Wants to build an environment of high trust with own team and colleagues in the wider organisation. Strong self-management with a high level of energy and flexibility.