Job Title: Senior Internal Auditor
Business Unit: Lean Centre
Reporting to: Head of IA
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
• The role requires an individual to maintain knowledge of the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and the Internal Audit function’s methodology and processes;
• Undertake operational and financial internal control and compliance reviews evaluating the adequacy of the control environment in terms of design and operating effectiveness managing the end-to-end process from planning to completion:
• Actively develop and maintain positive relationships with senior managers and staff to enhance the reputation of the Internal Audit function.
• Encouraging the practice of
• strong internal controls across the Group;
• Completion of the assigned audit plan in accordance with defined audit methodology, quality standards and deadlines;
• Drafting and finalisation of professional quality internal audit reports.
• Suggesting beneficial changes to audit methodologies and procedures and liaising with subject matter experts as part the co-sourced Internal Audit delivery mode.
• Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team’s, objectives.
• All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public using the premises
• Ideally hold an accountancy and Internal Audit qualification or be able to demonstrate a robust knowledge of Internal Audit Standards and best practices.
• Minimum 2 years’ previous experience of working with an internal audit function
• A highly-motivated self-starter with the following attributes and skills:
• Ability to communicate (both written and verbal) at the highest professional level.
• Assertive, confident, and ability to influence senior management.
• Experience with utilities, waste industry and IT audit related issues is an advantage.
• Strong process, technical and analytical skills, combined with strong commercial acumen. Excellent attention to detail and a team player”