HR Business Partner
Kells, Co. Meath
Office based - 1 day working from home
Salary: €75,000 - €85,000 DOE
- Member of leadership team within Ireland
- Delivery of people agenda
- Working directly with the management team on the development and execution of key people strategies to create and sustain a high performance work culture across all functions within the business.
- Promote fair treatment of all employees and the consistent and lawful application of company policies and Irish/EU employment related laws.
- Focus on employee and industrial relations the role supports the resolution of employee issues in partnership with management and their elected union representatives.
- As the companys labour relations representative the person is responsible for the wage negotiation strategy across the business and managing engagement with elected employee representatives.
- Partners with key stakeholders on all HR/people related matters.
- Partner with Global HR team on local roll out of global processes, projects and policies.
- Own and deliver: People systems, Recruitment, Selection and Employee Induction, Performance Management, Learning and Development, Manage the HR related budgets (after mandate given)
- Reintegration and/or redesign of roles for employees returning from illness, disability or injury ensuring that the re-introduction of an employee fits with the overall versatility plan.
- Manage and deliver the daily operations of the human resources department relating to all transactional HR activities.
- Work with the payroll manager to ensure that any payroll disputes are resolved in a timely manner.
- Own HR policies and initiate recommendations to management to optimise.
- Be trusted advisor of the Operations director to work with union groups to evolve and modernise long- standing employee-management agreements. Advice on direction, create policy and offer expert advice in all matters relating to collective bargaining and company-wide industrial relations issues.
- Maintain a consummate knowledge of National and EU employment laws and practices.
- Provide wage and salary recommendations to directors and managers.
- Manage all aspects of employee relations and communications.
- Work with the leadership team to manage implementation improvements as prioritized from the employment engagement survey.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources (or a related discipline) the person will have experience in an industrial / manufacturing environment in a senior HR role for more than 5 years. The person will be a member of CIPD.
- Experience of managing wage/pay negotiations is essential.
- Ability to solve problems creatively by identifying viable solutions, the HR BP will have a proven track record of driving initiatives, managing change to completion and the ability to readily shift between competing priorities and challenges.
- Excellent communication skills, self-motivated with sense of urgency, personable, an empathetic personality, they will have strong employee advocacy / relations, influencing and presentation skills.
- The ideal candidate will have a proven ability to effectively interact at multiple levels across an international business with different functional groups, including operations, technical, sales, finance
and senior management. The ideal candidate will be able to influence, motivate and develop the people they work with across the business.
- Experience of implement and delivering the HR agenda utilising SAP Success Factors is essential
- Rapidly build and sustain credibility and will be at ease operating effectively in an environment of change and challenge.
The candidate must be fluent in English. Knowledge of any additional language is desirable
Salary: €75.000 - €85,000 DOE
- Life Assurance
- Sick Pay Scheme and Income Protection Policy
- Defined Contribution Pension
- EAP (VHI)
- Invitation to annual incentive/bonus based on individual goals, company performance and management discretion – max 10%