The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
- Maintain a best-in-class Internal Audit function that provides an efficient, effective and value-adding Internal Audit service to the company including consultancy support, corporate governance advisory, value for money auditing and resource development. Utilise Lean practices and available technologies (TeamMate, IDEA etc.) to ensure the Internal Audit processes are operating efficiently, effectively and in line with the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and the Code of Practice for the Governance of State Bodies;
- Development of the Internal Audit Plan to address key risks areas within the company. Responsible for the timely implementation of this plan and regular monitoring through visual management techniques and management of the Internal Audit team. Identify changes in risks, processes etc. throughout the year that may require amendments to the Internal Audit Plan and develop audits to address such risks or to accommodate Management / Risk and Audit Committee requests.
- Manage the Risk and Audit Committee reporting process. Communicate with the Committee on a regular basis summarising audit work performed, key risk areas, issues of significant priority as well as progress regarding the implementation of issues previously reported. Manage the issues tracking escalation process and prepare reporting for the Risk and Audit Committee regarding issues which require their attention. Ensure all reporting to the Risk and Audit Committee is in line with the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and exercise professional judgement regarding the need to communicate between meetings.
- Liaise with the Senior Leadership Team, Management, Chief Risk Officer, External Auditors and Consultants to ensure that the risks to the Business are effectively identified and managed. Build effective relationships with these key stakeholders in order to improve the Internal Audit services and the team's understanding of the business;
- Develop the Internal Audit team members to ensure appropriate knowledge of the Business and technical expertise regarding the Internal Auditing Standards.
- Be an exemplar in demonstrating Leadership Standards and Behaviours for Success;
- All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public using the premises
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge and attributes:
- Level 8 Degree and / or Masters in Business or related discipline
- Qualified Accountant
- Professional Internal Auditing qualification;
- 5 years post qualification experience;
- Previous experience managing an Internal Audit function;
- Strong IT skills including use of TeamMate system & Oracle;
- Working knowledge of Lean practices including 5s and visual management;
- Experience in understanding general regulatory and governance requirements placed on semi-state companies is a distinct advantage.
For more information contact Deirdre McCarthy on 045 988 500