The Accountant will be responsible for producing accurate financial information for the Board of Directors/Shareholders and external Accountants. The Accountant will ensure the financial stability of the company and advise the Board of Directors accordingly.
The Accountant will have experience working with Big Red Cloud and SAP would be an advantage. The Accountant will have excellent Microsoft Excel skills for use on a daily basis. The Accountant will have experience with managing a team. It is extremely important that the Accountant can work independently but also as part of a team and be able to work alongside other departments. The Accountant will have experience of product costing.
The Accountant will be involved in preparing financial information to support any applications for loans and or grants. The Accountant will be comfortable in client and senior management facing situations.
The Accountant will be extremely organised with strong attention to detail and take pride in their work.
The Group currently consists of eight independent entities in the service and online retail industries. Group Consolidation is not required.
• Prepare monthly management accounts for each company, including an in-depth expenditure analysis and presentation to the Board of Directors
• Prepare analysis of KPI’s to include GP Margin, overheads, liquidity.
• Prepare variance analysis, financial projections, budgets and cashflows for Senior Management team
• Work closely with stock department to ensure accuracy of figures and regular stock cycle counts being carried out.
• Management of the Accounts Team who process monthly sales invoicing, trade sales invoicing/processing of purchases invoices, bank reconciliations for Euro and currency accounts, debtors and creditors reconciliations, debtors collection, preparation of VIEW returns, process payroll, review of nominal expense categories and reconciliation of all balance sheet items.
• Manage cashflow and make weekly supplier payments through IBB Banking.
• Approve and process wage payments. Process payroll to cover annual leave.
• Manage and record all cash sales and cash expenditure.
• Ensure compliance with all regulations (CRO/Revenue) and internal controls
• Review and submit to revenue the VAT, PAYE/PRSI returns for the company
• Identify areas of improvement and manage costs
• Prepare and review product costings, sales offers and corresponding margins
• Review and approve all purchase requests
• Work with team to complete month-end and year-end closing off processes
• Prepare documents for and liaise with external Accountants
• Recruit, supervise and train any accounts staff as and when required
• Plan, assign and review their work
• Fully qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA or equivalent) / Part Qualified / Qualified by Experience
• 5 years experience in an accounting environment
• Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
• Experience with cloud-based accountancy products (SAP, Big Red Cloud)
• Experience preparing payroll information
• Previous experience in Cost Control essential
• Previous experience in Costing essential
• Experience with preparing detailed financial information • Comfortable in client and senior management facing situations.