GROUP ACCOUNTANT - JOB SPECIFICATION
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Group Accountant to join our Finance Team
With over 120 stores/locations we run a very active Finance Department along with providing input and guidance to the operational team to ensure KPI’s are regularly reviewed and achieved.
We have recently upgraded to a cutting-edge accounting software. This, along with associated products and tools have allowed for considerable transformation in automation of posting/reconciling and reporting. There are more opportunities to convert existing processes to this new modern system and expand the reporting outputs.
The Group Accountant role plays an essential part in providing the business with timely, accurate and insightful information.
The key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Ensure the timely preparation and presentation of a monthly management
accounting pack, for each brand, to the key stakeholders.
• Guiding a finance team of c10-12 on priorities, deadlines, and outputs.
• Ongoing review and reconciliation of key controls and balance sheet accounts
• Actively involved with the annual budget process and ongoing forecasting.
• Support with the year end audit and in the production of annual statutory accounts.
• Review of outsourced weekly and monthly payrolls for group trading entities.
• Managing of rate changes and maintenance of bonus schemes.
• Compliance with Revenue & HMRC submissions ensuring deadlines are met.
• A complex group structure gives rise to a variety of interesting challenges including
Inter Company reconciliations.
• Participate in ad hoc projects as required
The successful candidate will report to the Group Financial Controller and will be based in North Dublin.
• An energetic team player who works well under pressure and can multi-task in a high-volume hands-on work environment.
• Qualified Accountant ACA, ACCA, CIMA
• Ideally 3+ years of relevant industry experience
• An organised self-starter with a proactive approach
• Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills