General Ledger Accountant Permanent
We are now looking to recruit a GL Accountant to manage our Financial Operations & Control function. The GL Accountant is responsible for overseeing our real time, multi-country, multi-currency accounting system, and maintaining our system of strong internal financial controls across all of our country offices. The GL Accountant also acts as lead for the annual organisational audit and ultimately the production of the annual accounts.
• Manage all aspects of the Financial Operations and Control function (team of 4) to ensure smooth and timely execution of various accounting processes including payroll, accounts payable, bank and cash management, etc.
• Finance Business partner with the Northern Ireland office and Ireland facing divisions. This includes supporting on operational planning for the Divisions by critically reviewing and analysing the annual plan and quarterly reforecasts and providing ad hoc finance support as required for the divisions.
• Preparation and review of Ireland monthly accounts (and associated reporting) to ensure an accurate accounting system is maintained and deadlines are met.
• Review of international month end accounts for the country offices.
• Preparation of year end accounts and management of the year-end audit and statutory accounts submissions. Co-ordination of a global audit schedule to provide an overview of upcoming, on-going, or completed audits, audit recommendations provided and status.
• Responsible for ensuring compliance with all Ireland and Northern Ireland statutory and regulatory obligations and supporting the Finance and Administration managers in Country Offices as required for their respective local statutory requirements.
• Management of external relationships with banks, insurance, auditors, and government bodies.
• Preparation and submission of all relevant tax returns (payroll, pension, etc).
• Continuous review and improvement of internal controls and procedures to ensure adequate financial and non-financial checks and balances are in place to safeguard validity of the balance sheet.
• Contribute to and/or taking the lead on specific finance projects as required.
• Support the FP&A manager as required on the annual and quarterly budget process
• Provide dedicated (desk based) financial capacity building to the International Country offices for 2 weeks each year.
Fully qualified with an internationally recognised professional accounting qualification.
Experience in general ledger accounting.
Experience with Agresso Business World or similar Accounting packages
Experience of the INGO sector would be ideal but not necessary
Experience of managing a team
Experience in interpreting complex financial information and preparing and presenting financial reports to non-finance professionals in an accurate and timely manner
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Strong Excel skills
Salary: Max €60,000 + pension and life assurance
Annual leave 22 days + 1 day to care + extra days at Christmas
Flexi time, Flexible working arrangements and Hybrid working options