We have an exciting opportunity for a Financial Controller to be part of a team managing the financial operations of a group of companies which is owned by a large international group with scope to develop into a more senior position.
The role will initially involve some travel to the Laois site
The successful candidate will report to the Financial and Managing Directors.
Financial planning and implementation of group finance policies and systems which include:
• Developing and implementing corporate governance, risk management, policies & procedures and complying fully with all applicable tax laws etc
• Managing stakeholder relationships including dealing with group on financial & IT matters , leading the accounts team & liaising with other company employees in preparing financial reports and dealing with third parties such as Auditors , Revenue , Insurance Brokers etc…
• To deliver a more sustainable business in the longer term.
• To offset the impact of cost increases through cost savings.
Preparation of monthly management accounts , forecasts , budgets and annual financial reports in line with predetermined group reporting deadlines.
• Managing all finance and accounting operations across the business, including all statutory financial reporting requirements and liaising with auditors on such matters as audit and tax compliance.
• Providing advice on how the company and future business decisions might be impacted.
• Coordinating the strategic financial plans, including budget preparation, financial forecasts, insurance, tax and performance. Managing the company cashflow, including accounting operations, cost, inventory, funding and Revenue recognition.
• Developing and managing reports on KPIs results.
• Working in conjunction with the Construction and leadership teams to monitor and manage KPI’s, budgets and profit margins effectively.
• Reporting on spending trends, cost-savings initiatives, and margin opportunities.
Managing and developing the finance team and overseeing the day to day financial operations of the company including payroll, payments, bank , credit control , completion of VAT returns, RCT Tax and deal with all Revenue queries.
Requirements for the Role:
• Qualified Accountant, ideally will have a minimum of five years post qualification experience in a similar role.
• Good IT skills – the companies are due to undergo a significant IT upgrade in the coming year.
• Problem-solving, communication skills, and ability to innovate are essential competencies.
• Team player, self-motivated and ability to work on one’s own initiative.
Salary: Commensurate with experience