Salary - Negotiable
The Financial Controller will be responsible for the stewardship and the protection of the company’s assets and to ensure the company is profitable, meets its budgets and is compliant with all tax regulations.
· Provide accurate financial information on the profitability of the company and its various services, and manage and improve the cash-flow of the company.
· Challenge the management team on decisions that are material to the financial performance of the business.
· Ensure that the proper financial controls are in place and all legal requirements are in place.
· Ensure the appropriate IT systems are in place for the effective and efficient running of the business.
· Responsible for the improvement of systems and processes.
· Manage Banking, Supplier, Taxation and other financial third-party relationships.
· Familiar with SAP Business One or similar ERP systems.
· Given the current size of the company, must be prepared to do the work as well as reviewing the two part time staff that will be providing assistance.
· Experience in managing the finances of an SME, e.g. credit control, cash flow etc.
· Support customer pricing and tenders, and monitoring that projections are met.
· Statutory reporting experience for an SME, e.g. VAT returns, annual accounts etc.
· Monthly management accounts.
· Preparation of Finance pack in numerical and dashboard style, and monthly management reporting.
· Attending monthly meetings and presenting results.
· Support the Managing Director and General Manager on assigned tasks;
· Maintain systems and procedures to ensure the efficient processing of all regular transactions.
· Control and improvement of established accounting procedures and implementation of relevant additional procedures.
· Working with the business to develop a Budgeting and Forecasting process.
· Ensuring compliance with Revenue requirements including VAT, VIES, Intrastat, etc.
· Review and ensure the closure of Open Transactional Activities.
· Preparation of the Sales Performance reports to management.
· Support with the upgrade of SAP Business One.
Experience, Skills and qualification
· At least 4 years experience of working at a senior level in an SME that used SAP.
· Strong analytical ability, excellent numerical and problem-solving skills, with a strong focus on accuracy and attention to detail
· While the company would prefer a qualified Accountant, the company will consider all candidates that have the accounting experience and the desire to roll up the sleeves and provide the financial information, financial advice and financial controls needed to achieve