Financial Analyst - Permanent
The role will be based in Newbridge/hybrid working and reporting to the Finance Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible to Prepare Management Accounts and Financial Reporting for the Resource Recovery division, to include processing journals, revenue recognition and costs accruals. Liaising with Management team members as required to provide required financial analysis, commentary of budget variances and KPI reporting.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
• Perform monthly requirements to include preparation and posting of monthly journals on Oracle, preparing month end accounts, preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations and any financial analysis as required. Ensure the integrity and accuracy of the accounts are maintained at all times.
• Prepare financial reports for Management Team meetings augmenting the KPI dashboard with additional unit specific operational KPIs. Report variances on individual cost centres. Work in partnership with budget owners to provide financial support to ongoing cost reduction and cost efficiency initiatives.
• Assist with the preparation of annual budgets and weekly forecasts.
• Interpreting financial information to assist in understanding variances to budget and developing recommendations for actions required to ensure budget targets are met.
• Assist finance team with adhoc projects.
• Ensure Environmental, Health & Safety management systems are followed. All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge, and attributes.
• Qualified accountant with 2-5 years post qualification experience
• Must be flexible to work across other areas, as required
• Eligibility to work in Ireland is required
• Proficiency in the English language required Excellent IT skills and good knowledge of Microsoft Excel
• Professional Accountancy Body
• Management Accounts preparation as well as oracle system experience. Good IT proficiency as well as good communication skills are important attributes.