The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
Partner with business managers to understand and investigate financial impact of new initiatives, efficiency measures and growth strategies. Help management understand their financial performance by providing insight, while also providing support and challenge. Build partnerships and maintain strong relationships with managers and their teams.
Prepare Margin Analysis by product and segment. Identify low Margin products/segments and work with management team to enhance margin and resolve issues.
Preparation of weekly and monthly financial analysis to the management team with commentary and analysis.
Interpreting financial information to assist in understanding variances to budget and developing recommendations for actions required to ensure budget targets are met.
Revenue Analysis reporting on price and volumes and assist with driving profitability in each revenue stream.
Support the development and preparation of annual budget.
Develop positive working relationships with the Finance teams. Communicate effectively within and across teams taking account that strong teamwork is essential to achievement of optimal business performance.
Ensure Environmental, Health & Safety management systems are followed. All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge, and attributes.
• Qualified accountant with at least five-year post qualification experience
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role
• Professional subscription - Professional Accountancy Body
• Analytically minded, seeks out problem solving opportunities.
• Effective interpersonal skills (verbal and written) to communicate with peers and management team.
• Good IT proficiency with strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel and PowerPoint.
• Attention to detail.
• Must be flexible to work across other areas, as required
• Eligibility to work in Ireland is required
• Proficiency in the English language required