We are currently recruiting for a Financial Accountant to join our Finance Department on a full time permanent contract of employment.
The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the financial function of the business by ensuring continued business growth and driving profitability.
• Manage the Fixed Asset Register and post the depreciation journals
• Responsible for the reconciliation of the balance sheet to include accruals and prepayments
• Monitor the intercompany journals and manage the reconciliations that are required • Manage both of the weekly wages journals
• Track and monitor the monthly overheads
• Process and reconcile the intercompany charges for three separate entities
• Manage the monthly pension returns and reconciliations while acting as the first point of contact for any queries that may arise from these providers
• Track both insurance and pension documentation to ensure renewals are processed on time
• Assist both the HR and QEHS Departments with their monthly reporting requirements
• Track and calculate BIK on employee schemes such as VHI and the HSF
• Process payments on behalf of employees for their union memberships
• Ensure that PAYE returns are processed for Revenue • Compile the weekly cash forecasts whilst generating month end reports and processing the reconciliations
• Assist employees by completing mortgage certificates and salary certs as requested • Manage the journals by amending costs in Redsky as a result of PO’s being raised incorrectly or in light of management reviews of their jobs
• Support the Finance team by completing any ad hoc duties as they arise • Support the Financial Controller in promoting a culture of excellent customer service and establishing exceptional working relationships with your colleagues and the client/s
• Act as a brand ambassador and lead the Company through its ongoing expansion • Any other duties as deemed necessary for the efficiency of the business.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED • Degree qualified, in a financial discipline • 5 years’ experience working within the industry is desirable • Holding a professional accounting body membership is an advantage • Payroll accreditation or extensive payroll experience is highly desirable • Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, with an emphasis on Excel and proven experience of using accounting package software • Excellent analytical ability with exceptional numeracy and data entry skills • Conscientious with a high attention to detail and an ability to multitask • Highly organised with the ability to prioritise tasks and work under pressure • Motivated self-starter, who can work both independently or as part of a team • Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with fluent English
Permanent Role pension (3%), sick pay, life assurance, income protection and healthcare after probation. 21 days of annual leave (with increments based on length of service). Ideally Open to discussing hybrid options, which should be effective following 3 to 6 months service.