Finance Planning Analyst - 12 month contract
MAIN ROLE, DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop budgetary planning information systems to support flexed budgeting and rolling forecasts.
- Liaise closely with budget holders to maintain an awareness of service developments and consider the supporting financial resources required.
- Provide analysis and report in a timely manner
- Investigate and report on significant issues driving the financial performance. Provide recommendations to promote continuous improvement and identify corrective action in relation to adverse variances.
- Identify and make recommendations which will drive efficiencies and deliver savings.
- Funding & Costing:
- Assist in the costing and submission of all funding claims to through the Management Accountant, regarding new/increased expenditures and/or reduced income levels and to liaise closely with funding agencies in this regard.
- Financial Control:
- Facilitate in the efficient discharge of the manpower approval control process including externally funded positions.
- Responsible for the non stock requisition finance approval process.
- Ensure that payroll related H.R. systems are operated effectively with regard to the funding status of employee positions.
- Review the financial performance of business units monthly and provide supporting value added information to promote effective decision making at budget holder level. Recommend and promote cost control initiatives when deemed necessary.
- Reporting Relationships:
- The post holder will also report on a matrix basis to the Director of Finance.
- The post holder will be required to provide cross cover for other personnel within the Management Accounting division and undertake a full range of duties to include general administration.
Qualified Accountant, Financial Analysis, Financial Reporting