Environmental, Health & Safety
Location: Dublin 22
Permanent full time
Salary: Negotiable plus excellent benefits package
Previous experience from the Pharmaceutical and / or Bio-pharmaceutical industry required.
Health and Safety:
- Actively foster an ethos and culture of safety awareness, where safety is accepted as an integral part of the overall business.
- Work with all personnel, contractors and visitors to ensure that all safety policies, procedures and regulations are fully adhered to across the site on an ongoing basis.
- Notify the appropriate responsible persons in a timely and comprehensive manner of any breach of EHS policy, procedure or regulation or any potential hazard which could have a serious impact on safety or result in serious personal injury.
- Investigate and manage any incidents that occur on-site and ensure that Accident Reports / Unplanned Events reporting forms are completed in a timely manner after an event.
- Carry out regular safety compliance inspections to ensure health and safety procedures and policies are being implemented.
- Ensure that safety audit action items are addressed and closed out in a timely manner.
- Coordinate the approach and activities for the safe handling of all raw materials, key intermediates and active materials on site.
- Develop and provide safety training as required.
- Provide support to other safety initiatives as required.
- Maintenance and preparation of information databases and reports for relevant authorities.
- Site contact for regulatory authorities.
- Ensure a good working relationship with the Local Authorities and residential groups.
- Support the site Energy Management System (ISO50001) and participate in energy conservation initiatives across the site.
- Carry out regular site inspections to ensure environmental policies and procedures are being implemented.
- Oversee waste management on site (both solid and liquid waste).
- Ensure that environmental audit action items are addressed and closed out in a timely manner.
- Develop and provide environmental training as required
- Provide support to other environmental initiatives as required.
- Encourage and support the development of site safety culture.
- Support and maintain effective document control systems for the EHS Department.
- Work closely with other EHS Engineers to ensure that all EHS Management Systems are maintained and adhered to.
- Work closely with OH and HR Departments to ensure employee well-being is considered at all times.
- Adhere to safe working practices as set out in the Safety Statement and other company safety rules.
- Contribute information and perform relevant tasks within a cross functional technology transfer team to bring new products on site.
- Ensure that all GC personnel, contractors and visitors are trained to safely and effectively carry out their roles on site.
- Develop EHS training plans for site personnel to comply with regulations as well as prepare for potential emergency situations.
- Adhere strictly to cGMP and other rules as laid down by the Company from time to time.
- Maintain and improve professional knowledge base. Keep up to date with all current trends and relevant legislation
- 3rd level qualification in Occupational Health and Safety or Environmental Management or equivalent.
- Knowledge of EHS practices and legislation for a pharmaceutical / biopharmaceutical facility operating within Ireland/Europe.
- 3+ years EHS experience within a pharmaceutical / biopharmaceutical facility.
- Good EHS knowledge of API pharmaceutical production, high potency packaging processes and biopharmaceutical manufacturing desirable.
- The ability to lead and direct others, as well as the ability to work as part of a team.
- The ability to logically solve problems.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills coupled with good ability to produce technical reports.
- Willingness to undertake further EHS training and other training as needed.