Document Controller - Dublin City Centre
- Manage the Viewpoint for Projects (VFP) system for the project. Where applicable, establish the project on VFP in line with templates and protocols.
- Manage and host VFP training sessions for new users within the project team, either with groups or on an individual basis.
- Act as main point of contact for support for project users of VFP.
- Development of project file naming protocols with the project team, in line with protocols.
- Create and manage document workflows in VFP, with direction from the project team, in line with
- Be responsible for checking quality assurance of all documents on VFP, including checking for compliance and interface.
- Change control (protocols to be developed with the commercial team and client).
- Manage and report on outstanding actions of workflows, sample submissions, TQs and RFIs.
- Electronic distribution of models, drawings and documents. The responsibility of choosing recipients lies with the owner/uploader of the documentation. The Document Controller will check this has been followed as part of the QA process.
- Establishment and maintenance of central site files, uncontrolled drawings and registers.
- Collation of O&M/H&S files.
- Attend meetings to allow engagement of team and stakeholders.
- Identify and communicate design/document/process opportunities and risks to Project Manager.
- Ad hoc administrative support to the site team.
- Cover of administrative duties for holiday/sickness cover, if applicable.
Experience & Skills
- Training skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with, and educate all stakeholders in the VFP protocols, ensuring the protocols are strictly adhered to.
- Advanced experience of a common data environment (CDE/electronic document management system (EDMS). VFP preferred.
- Ability and willingness to train others.
- Comprehension of naming conventions.
- Analytical thinker.
- Attention to detail.
- Pride in work.
- Interest in wider project and industry.
- Intermediate level in all Microsoft Office packages.
- Advanced user of VF