Leinster Appointments is currently recruiting for a permanent Data Protection Officer in Co. Kildare.
This is a full time role.
- Undertake all functions of the Data Protection Officer for the Group and lead the embedding of a GDPR compliant culture within the organisation.
- Manage all data protection matters such as data access requests, breach reporting, drafting and review of necessary policies
- Provide training for employees, preparation and negotiation of data processing agreements and data protection contractual provisions.
- Inform and advise the company on its data protection obligations and ensure compliance with data protection law.
- Monitor the organisation’s compliance with the GDPR and internal data protection policies and procedures.
- Actively provide advice on general data protection matters. Ensure that data protection records are up to date and current and that appropriate assessments are undertaken and protections put in place regarding data protection.
- Act as the point of contact for data subjects and the Data Protection Commissioner.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working as a Data Protection Officer.
- Expertise in data protection law and practice and a detailed understanding of the GDPR required.
- Data Protection Qualification essential.
- Diploma or Degree in law or experience working in a legal practice would be an advantage.
- Managerial and/or executive experience would be an advantage
- Knowledge of MS Office suite, Case management
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.