Duties and responsibilities:
- Manage a credit team of 14 credit controllers in a fast-moving environment.
- Monitor and report to management on key performance indicators.
- Ensure compliance with company credit policies.
- Manage weekly and monthly credit collection targets.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders.
- Manage relations with external agencies and service providers.
- Engagement with customers on unpaid debt.
- Provide aged analysis for weekly team reviews of debtors, escalating any problems as appropriate.
- Manage ongoing training of credit staff and further development of the team and processes.
- Minimum of 5 years people management experience in similar position essential preferably utilities.
- Experience managing a credit team through process change.
- Relevant third level qualification in finance / business administration, preferably credit management related.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite with advanced Excel skills.
- Possess enthusiastic attitude and strong communication skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative while strictly adhering to set rules and procedures.
- Excellent organisational skills, with proven ability to multitask, while maintaining the highest standards of accuracy and attention to detail.