Ballymount, Dublin 24
Salary: €35,000 - €40,000
Office Based Role
My client is seeking to appoint an experienced Credit Controller on a permanent basis.
The successful candidate will be managing the company's Credit control process whilst maintaining positive relationships with clients.
Strong Systems and Excel skills are required for this role.
- Debt Management: Monitor and manage the company's accounts receivable, ensuring timely payment of outstanding invoices and debts from customers.
- Credit Assessment: Evaluate and assess the creditworthiness of new and existing customers, making informed decisions on credit limits and payment terms.
- Credit Control Processes: Develop and implement effective credit control policies, procedures, and guidelines to reduce late payments and minimize credit risk.
- Collections: Initiate and handle collection activities for overdue accounts, maintaining a professional and courteous approach while ensuring payment resolution.
- Client Communication: Communicate with clients regarding outstanding invoices, payment reminders, and credit-related matters in a prompt and customer-oriented manner.
- Dispute Resolution: Investigate and resolve customer disputes, liaising with relevant departments to address any billing or payment discrepancies.
- Reporting: Generate regular reports on debt status, aging analysis, and credit control performance for management review.
- Documentation: Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of all credit control activities, ensuring compliance with company policies and industry regulations.
- Team Collaboration: Coordinate with the sales, finance, and customer service teams to streamline credit control processes and achieve common financial objectives.
- Proactive Measures: Identify and implement proactive measures to prevent late payments and reduce bad debt exposure.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or a related field is preferred.
- Experience: Proven experience in credit control or accounts receivable management is highly desirable.
- Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication abilities, with the capability to interact professionally with clients and internal stakeholders.
- Analytical Skills: Strong analytical skills to assess creditworthiness, analyse financial data, and identify potential credit risks.
- Organization: Exceptional organizational skills to manage multiple client accounts and prioritize tasks effectively.
- Negotiation Skills: Proficiency in negotiation techniques to resolve payment disputes and establish favourable credit terms.
- Computer Proficiency: Familiarity with accounting software and Microsoft Office Suite, particularly a high level of Excel for data analysis and reporting.
- Attention to Detail: A keen eye for detail to ensure accurate record-keeping and minimize errors in credit control processes.
- Professionalism: Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive financial matters with confidentiality and integrity.
- Adaptability: Flexibility to adapt to changing business needs and willingness to learn new credit control practices and technologies.
- Problem-Solving: Proactive approach to identifying and resolving credit-related issues promptly.
For more information on this role, please contact Damian Ryan.
Tel: 045-988500 / 085-8749410