Fixed Term Contract (9-12 months)
Parkwest, Dublin 12
Start Date: June / July 2020
My client is seeking to appoint an experienced Credit Controller for a fixed term contract of 9-12 months.
The successful candidate will need to have a strong Credit Control background.
Strong Excel skills are required for this role
- Direct chasing of debtors via telephone as well as liaison with 3rd party debt collectors;
- Responsible for the improvement of collection processes and results; reducing time to collection; decreasing operating expense, scheduling calls or escalating processes including a final notification that outlines next step if payment is not received;
- Responsible for managing a portfolio of debts, implementing the agreed processes and systems to achieve desired goals and results;
- Owning and maintaining the day to day relationship with client, debtors and 3rd parties including query resolution, negotiation over recommended action;
- Assessing the cost effectiveness of taking legal action and preparing suitable cases for transfer to the in house legal team or external parties.
- Preferable but not essential experience in debt collection;
- Excellent communication skills, both on the telephone and in writing;
- Strong customer focus;
- Strong numerical and MS Excel skills;
- Good understanding of credit, familiar with online websites for financials, director & company searches;
- Sound judgement and ability to assess cost effectiveness of actions;
- Ability to assess the situation and identify key factors;
- Target driven, able to work well under pressure, prioritise and achieve deadlines;
- Self-starter, motivated and flexible in approach;
- Co-operates with others to achieve the goals of the team
- Learns quickly and takes responsibility for own development.
For more information on this role, please contact Damian Ryan
Tel: 045-988500 / 085-8749410