Title: Cost & Management Accounting Assistant
Department: Cost & Management Accounting
Reporting to: Cost & Management Accounting Manager
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm (flexibility required)
The purpose of this role is to support the Cost and Management Accounting team in preparing reports on a daily, weekly and monthly basis, ensuring all data is gathered, collated and prepared in a summary fashion to examine trends and patterns in the reporting of running operations.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Assisting in the preparation of weekly Production reports for both Plants.
- Preparation work for Monthly Overhead Reporting.
- Weekly Sales Reports.
- Verification of expense claims.
- Detailed analysis of various overhead categories.
- Preparation of weekly Labour reports.
- Various ad hoc projects.
Competencies required for role:
- Strong clear communication skills, questioning and probing to ensure full understanding of all tasks and details and communicating back the information to the various stakeholders
- Positive attitude at all times
- Excellent time management skills, organizing workload and priorities to ensure all works are completed
- Can effectively multi-task
- Team player
- Flexible with regards to business needs and month end
- Deliver a high quality of work
- Must show discretion with confidential/sensitive information at all times
- Attention to detail, taking care to ensure accuracy in reporting
- Interest in probing and querying figures
Specific I.T skills & Qualification:
- IT proficiency – good knowledge of Microsoft in particular Excel and Outlook
- Relevant qualification – Certificate, Diploma or Degree