- Own key elements of corporate accounting activity.
- Support the monthly consolidation process.
- Support the Technical Accounting Group and the Accounting organization research and apply US GAAP technical accounting topics/ pronouncements/ accounting standards updates.
- Preparation and report out of consolidated balance sheet commentary to senior management.
- Assist in the preparation of the quarterly reporting.
- Maintenance and development of ERP modules in use by the accounting group.
- Drive efficiency improvements across the financial reporting close process.
- Preparation of subsidiary financial statements in accordance with local GAAP.
- Regular liaise with external and internal auditors as part of quarterly review/ Interim & year-end audit/ SOX testing .
- Maintenance of internal controls processes and accounting policies.
- Big 4 trained background desirable with ACA/ACCA Professional Accounting Qualification.
- US Multinational experience highly desirable.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with ability to see the bigger picture.
- Ability to work and adapt in a fast paced and constantly changing environment.
- Flexibility to meet reporting deadlines and deal with urgent requests.
- Ability to embrace change and implement process improvements.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with different functions / regions / cultures / stakeholders with a customer service mindset.
- Comfortable presenting and reporting to senior management.
- Experience in delivering as part of a project team.
- Strong knowledge of IT systems with Oracle and Hyperion systems knowledge an advantage.
- Report writing experience an advantage.
For more information contact Deirdre McCarthy on 045 988 500