- Ensure timely collection of payments via telephone, email and/or letter.
- Post and allocate payments received.
- Preparation of monthly reconciliations of patient debtor accounts.
- Liaise and escalate any unresolved issues.
- Resolve and expedite any customer queries to facilitate payment.
- Deal with queries in an efficient and timely manner.
- Liaise with relevant departments regarding collection activities.
- Continuous review of collection procedures within relevant departments and implement policies that improve the collection of payments in advance of services.
- Liaise with the claims team regarding rejected claims.
- Recommend payment plans for outstanding debts in keeping with SSC agreed timeframes and limits.
- Provide support and cover as required to the cash collection function.
- Any adhoc duties that arise.
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience.
- Excellent analytical and reconciliation skills.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
- Organised with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills.
- Capable of working independently and as part of a team.
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, MS Word, Access).
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Assertive but diplomatic.