6-9 Month contract role
Salary: €55,000 - €65,000
3 days working from home & 2 days office based
The role of Commercial Accountant will be responsible for supporting the Commercial and Marketing Teams in the financial analysis of commercial performance, and in the preparation of financial information used for negotiations and decision-making, including pricing.
Reporting to the Costing and Commercial Finance Manager, the role will work closely with the National Account Managers, Marketing Team and the wider Finance Team to ensure that appropriate financial controls and procedures are in place to achieve maximization of gross margin.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
Ensure that adequate procedures, processes and controls are in place within the Commercial Team to maximise gross margin.
• Review of all proposed pricing changes to ensure target gross margins are achieved;
• Implementation of sign-off procedures in regard to new product pricing and new customer pricing to ensure they are in line with internal hurdle rates on gross margin.
• Implementation of processes to ensure promotional pricing is accurate, approved and delivers on expected volume / profit growth.
• Provide input to the NPD process by performing initial top-level commercial analysis to ensure new products can achieve the required margin before going into development
• Development of standardised weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting, including KPIs, across the Commercial Team, so as to provide key insights into revenue drivers and customer / product / category profitability;
• Review and analysis of customer promotional activity to ensure returns are optimised;
• Preparation of internal budgets and forecasts at customer level for volume, revenue and gross margin, and variance analysis of same;
• Qualified Accountant (ACA,ACCA,CIMA,CPA)
• Minimum 2 years FMCG experience
• Strong excel skills
• Ability to communicate with a wide range of people from different functional backgrounds
• Attention to detail is pivotal for this role