AUDIT Senior - Permanent
Audit & Accountancy
Key to our Assurance and Advisory services for our client base is our audit service. Our audit team bring extensive knowledge and expertise as a result of their experience in a range of sectors. Our relationship with our clients is central to the audit process. By working closely with you, we can understand your requirements and be better placed to advise you on the best way forward for your business.
Scope of the role
• Responsibility for a portfolio of audit clients across a range of industries, reporting directly to managers and partners
• Planning of audit engagements– timing, staffing and structure
• Responsibility for managing the successful completion of the audit
• Preparing and reviewing audit work papers
• Researching and resolving technical queries from clients
• Liaising closely with clients
• Preparing and reviewing financial statements
• Research and analyse financial statement and audit related issues
• Supervise and assist in the training of junior audit staff and review of their work
• Working on ad-hoc assignments from time to time in conjunction with the firm’s managers and partners
• Delivering a quality audit service and advice to clients
• Preparation of taxation computations and completion of appropriate forms for submission to the revenue and CRO
•The ability to work as part of a team as well as work on your own initiative as and when required
• An ability to develop and enhance client relationships through excellent communication skills, timely responses to client requests
• Knowledge and ability to work with the main Microsoft Office programs and ability to utilize other accounting packages when required.
• Knowledge and ability to work with paperless audit systems. A working knowledge of Caseware would be an advantage.
• Prior practice experience within an Audit team
• Ability to work to deadlines and with limited supervision
• Experience in supervising junior staff members on audit assignments
• Excellent technical and interpersonal skills