Due to the continued expansion of the Group, the Company is now seeking a qualified Accounting Technician or a Trainee Management Accountant to join our existing Finance team.
The key roles and responsibilities of the role are as follows:
• Management of the Company’s debtor’s ledger including the preparation and issuing of invoices and ensuring that all accounts are kept within terms.
• Preparation of daily, weekly, and monthly reports on Company revenue and gross profit performance.
• Assist in the Management of the Company’s creditors ledger, reconciling supplier accounts and preparing payment runs.
• Preparation of weekly and monthly reports on wages and salaries expenditure versus budget and prior year.
• File statutory returns.
• Assist with the reconciliation of the balance sheet at each month end.
• Assist in the preparation of the annual budget.
• Assist in the preparation for the annual audit.
• Assist the Finance Manager and Finance Director with ad hoc work as required.
• Assist in the preparation of Financial Board Packs every two months.
Required essential attributes
• Qualified Accounting Technician and or ACCA/CIMA part qualified Accountant.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Highly organised with excellent attention to detail and strong initiative.
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
• Ability to meet tight deadlines consistently and to take ownership of role.
• A strong sense of responsibility and confidentiality.
• Experience at preparing financial reports.
• An ability to take initiative and follow things through.
• Experience working in the retail or pharmacy sector a distinct advantage
Salary and Benefits
• Salary based on experience
• Educational support
• 21 days annual leave
• Immediate start
• Hybrid working available after the probation period