Dublin 12 - Permanent
Salary: €35,000 - €40,000
Start Date: July 2020
My client is seeking to appoint an experienced Assistant Accountant on a permanent basis.
The successful candidate will either be a qualified Accounts Technician or studying towards professional exams.
Strong Excel skills are required for this role.
- Preparing detailed month end balance sheet and P&L reconciliations including stock, cost of sales and revenue accounts
- Maintenance of nominal, purchase and sales ledger transactions
- Processing daily bank and weekly credit card reconciliations
- Assisting in the production of monthly management accounts
- Supporting AR function including month end billing and client queries
- Liaising with lenders and processing buyback invoices / balloon payments in a timely and accurate manner
- Liaising with internal teams to ensure accurate and timely processing of AP invoices
- Assist in the preparation of internal and external audit files
- Testing of new reports and software updates as required
- Phone / email support for clients / suppliers
- To liaise with other departments to ensure that all queries have been resolved in a timely manner
- Maintain good customer relations and working relationships
- Ad-hoc project analysis as required
- A third level degree in Finance / qualification as an Accounts Technician
- A minimum of three years' relevant professional work experience in an accounting role
- Motivated and a self-starter
- Must display strong attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Good organisational skills and time management skills, with a demonstrated ability to manage fluctuating workloads & prioritisation of tasks
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work well as part of a team and across teams
- Strong IT skills, especially the use of accounting systems and the Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to think things through , take initiative, identify & implement efficiencies and the confidence to make decisions when required
- A professional approach in all dealings with colleagues and clients, demonstrate high standards and levels of performance and constantly strive to improve processes and procedures so as to add value to the team and the business.
For more information on this role, please contact Damian Ryan.
Tel: 045-988500 / 085-8749410