AR / Credit Control
Dublin 24 - Permanent
Start Date: May / June 2020
My client is seeking to appoint an experienced Accounts Receivable / Credit Controller on a permanent basis.
The successful candidate will need to have a minimum of 2 years Accounts Receivable & Credit Control experience.
Experience with Credit Insurance and a Credit Management Qualification would be a distinct advantage
Strong Excel skills and experience using SAP would be an advantage
- Checking and issuing invoices, credit notes and customer statements on a timely basis.
- Prompt posting to customer accounts on SAP of all customer payments, credits and debits.
- Ensuring all details are inputted on newly opened accounts.
- Customers cash collection.
- Assisting business sales managers in debt collections if required
- Applying discounts for early payments and cash discounts.
- Responding to queries on customer accounts and reconciling all payments received.
- Month end and periodic reporting of aged debtor / DSO reports internally and to Group
- Ad hoc reporting where required internally and for Group
- Liaising with and provision of information to the Treasury Accountant / Finance Team regarding cash forecasts, bank reconciliations and working capital / debt management.
- Administration of customer rebates and related postings to customer accounts.
- Liaising with our credit insurers and using their internet portal as a method of communication regarding credit limit / customer risk rating updates.
- Preparation of reports for annual / periodic credit management meetings with credit insurers.
- Updating debtor accounts on SAP e.g. addresses, names, credit limits and contact details.
- Reporting to credit insurer regarding breaches of contract terms and updating customers based on interaction with credit insurers.
- Applying for new credit limits for existing or new customers and communication of this internally.
- Escalation of the status of customer accounts to relevant sales manager where required
- To develop an understanding of the customers’ business and keep updated on their financial position where possible using the financial information available to us.
- Liaising with relevant management regarding credit limit changes.
- Input to departmental improvements and projects underway in the Finance and Administration Department to ensure we develop as a team and maximise our capabilities.
- Other duties as directed by the Financial Director or Financial Accountant that may arise
- Ideally have experience of SAP operating systems
- Excellent excel skills
- The ideal candidate will have a credit management qualification
- The ideal candidate will have experience working with credit insurers
- Values collaborative team work
- Organized and used to working to tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Flexible and adaptive
- Conscientious and takes pride in work
- Commercially minded and willingness to understand our customer’s business with a view to understanding credit risk
- Keen attention to detail
For more information on this role, please contact Damian Ryan.
Tel: 045 - 988500 / 085 - 8749410