Accounts & Payroll Assistant
Kildare - Permanent
Start Date: Feb / March 2020
My client is seeking to appoint an experienced Accounts & Payroll Assistant on a permanent basis.
The successful candidate will need to have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
Experience processing high volume Irish based payroll will be required
An IPASS Qualification or Accounting Qualification would be a distinct advantage
- Responsibility for assisting Payroll Lead in the processing of large monthly payrolls
- Responsibility for compiling and reporting on the weekly man hour consumption for business units
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the company’s workforce scheduling software
- Assist the accountants with monthly management accounts reporting and any ad hoc tasks
- Dealing with employee payroll related queries and developing relationships with clients
- Ensure payroll returns are complete, accurate and submitted to Revenue on time
- Adhere to strong internal controls to ensure best practice
- Liaise with third party stakeholders and administration of all data e.g. pension providers etc.
- Proactively suggest ways to automate / streamline existing processes, reduce duplication, eliminate unnecessary admin tasks, make better use of information systems
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive material and information
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience processing of large Irish based payrolls
- IPASS or other accounting qualification a distinct advantage
- Experience of software package Megapay would be preferable
- Strong technical and organisational skills with the ability to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to further develop relationships with existing stakeholders (internal and external)
- Have a proven track record of accurate and timely payroll delivery
- Detailed knowledge of the PAYE system, PRSI, USC, BIK, and ROS
- Excellent computer skills including Excel and Outlook
- Flexibility to meet changes in work requirements
- Strong interpersonal skills, drive and enthusiasm are a pre-requisite for this role
For more information on this role, please contact Damian Ryan.