Accounts Payable Manager
Citywest - 12 month Fixed Term Contract
Salary: €50,000 - €55,000
Start Date: 01/07/2021
My client is seeking to appoint an experienced Accounts Payable Manager to cover a 12 month fixed term contract.
Along with strong people management skills, the successful candidate will need to have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
Experience using Excel and Navision would be a distinct advantage
This role will commence on July 1st 2021
- Oversee the accurate and timely processing of a high volume of invoices by the team
- Manage team of experienced Accounts Payable Specialists
- Support standardization and improvement of processes and procedures
- Responsibility for the aging and quality of the AP ledger
- Responsibility for ensuring vendors are paid to agreed terms and reviewing payment runs
- Act as point of escalation for internal (buyers/ops) and external stakeholders (suppliers)
- Ensure Accounts Payable serve the business, suppliers and other departments in a consistent and proactive manner
- Monitor and ensure accounting is being performed correctly by reference to appropriate general ledger coding
- Manage and coordinate month end processing and reporting activities within tight timeframes
- Participation in external audit activities where required
- Various ad hoc tasks and project work
- 5+ years' experience ideally with exposure to Retail or FMCG.
- Proven track record in successfully managing an AP team in a high-volume processing environment.
- Excellent Excel and Microsoft Office Experience essential with Microsoft NAV / Dynamics 365 exposure a distinct advantage.
- A self-starter, highly motivated with a continuous improvement focus.
- A fast learner and open to new ideas.
- Strong communication skills with an ability to engage fully with all business functions.
- Experience of working to deadlines is crucial.
For more information on this role, please contact Damian Ryan
Tel: 045-988500 / 085-8749410