Salary: Depending on experience
The Accountant works within the finance function of the business and includes, but is not restricted to, financial planning, forecasting, analysing and reporting on all financial matters, costing, managing and reporting on ad hoc projects, identifying opportunities and liaising with the accounts team.
The position involves significant interaction with the Sales and Operations Teams.
- Proactive management of pricing changes and margins in a fast-moving environment.
- Working with team to develop ways of working to measure and monitor product costs to further develop market insight and knowledge.
- Analysing markets and brands to identify opportunities, creating medium and long term plans supporting business goals.
- Preparation of company financial statements, and analysing financial performance.
- Preparation of reviews of the business, for monthly and quarterly discussion with senior management.
- Provide support to Operations, through information analyses (e.g. current processes, actual performance vs. budget and prior year, budget, etc.).
- Preparation of operational data/analyses for distribution to various departments throughout the company
- Monitor Credit Control, AR, AP and bookkeeping functions in the finance department to ensure they remain current and tie in with expectations.
Requirements for this Role
- The Cost Accountant will have all or most of the following attributes:
- Qualified Accountant with minimum 2-3 years relevant PQE
- Preferably have experience working in a Food processing or FMCG business.
- Ideally this candidate will be driven, motivated and ambitious with aspirations of career progression.
- Advanced Excel and ERP systems experience preferred.