Financial Controller - Manufacturing (West Dublin)
We now have an exciting opportunity to join our Finance Team. Reporting to the Head of Finance, we are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Financial Controller who has a passion for being involved in all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition
- Manage a team of 2+ individuals in their daily tasks
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances. Exception reporting on KPIs
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Coordinate month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Coordinate year-end audit
- Qualified accountant with 4+ years post qualification experience
- Technical knowledge of Irish GAAP and IFRS
- Experience of a manufacturing environment or a SME would be an advantage
- Ability to work in a structured, systematic and organized manner, with high level of concentration.
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-disciplined, thorough, methodical and predictable in approach to completing tasks. Highly organised with excellent planning skills
- Ability to work to deadlines with good prioritization and time management skills
- Ability to listen, gather facts, digest complex information and ask appropriate questions.
- Team player, with the ability to build relationships with internal and external customers
- Enjoy the challenge of problem solving and identifying well thought through practical solutions.
- Self -starter with ability to work on their own initiative
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, results driven and changing environment.
- Proactive, seeking to get things done and at the same time deal with a variety of tasks.
- Analytical thinking and ability to make calculated decisions based on facts and information.
- Desire to continuously improve, raise standards, reduce errors and perfect processes.
- Ability to remain calm and objective under pressure