The Calibration Maintenance Engineer is responsible for providing technical support and managing the running of the Calibration services.
- Manage a team of Calibration technicians to ensure all calibrations are completed on time each month.
- Maintain all process, utility and calibrated equipment to appropriate standards.
- Propose and implement preventative maintenance task improvements for utility equipment.
- Assess and implement changes to instrumentation calibration tasks and frequencies to improve performance.
- Administration and control of Building and Facilities Management Systems on site.
- Use and promote root cause analysis methodologies within the Maintenance Department to continuously improve Calibration protocol.
- Encourage actively the culture of teamwork and integration within the Engineering Department, and with both Manufacturing and Quality Departments.
- Develop training material for all Calibration tasks and develop training systems and knowledge base within the Department.
- Assist in the calibration needs for various projects on site and ensure there is sufficient support.
- Review effective stock control of spare parts and consumables for equipment.
- Participate in Safety and Environmental programs. Adhere to safe working practices as set out in the Safety Statement and other company safety rules.
- Experience in Calibration systems essential.
- SAP experience beneficial
- Maintenance experience in a leadership role.
- Ability to communicate with site management, manufacturing and quality personnel.
- In depth understanding of Calibration instruments, process and utility equipment, including mechanical, electrical & controls systems.
- Knowledge of safety hazards and appropriate precautions applicable to maintenance work.
- Ability to produce technical reports on maintenance or Calibration issues.
- Ability to plan workloads and work to tight timelines.
- Third Level qualification in Engineering.