Senior Project Manager
Permanent full time
Location: Newbridge Co. Kildare
- To drive the development of assigned major infrastructural projects through the design, consenting, financing and construction phases into the delivery of fully operational assets in particular within the power generation sector.
- Develop project delivery strategies appropriate to the projects and joint venture partners needs to best ensure sucessful project outcomes. Develop and implement detailed project management plans for each project phase to ensure projects are run in accordance with best practice (e.g. PMI, IMPA) in project management and governance. Propose suitable management structures and the team roles required to efficiently deliver large scale infrastructure projects. Analyse and appraise overall project risk profiles and provide regular updates so as shareholders are provided with accurate information in which to make their decisions.
- Ensure robust project financial models are prepared, supported by specialist technical and commerical inputs so that these can be audited to the level of scrutiny required by external investors. Engage with and manage the interface with investor's technical and commerical due diligence advisers to provide all required data. Ensure project costs are controlled and reported regularly along with forecasted spend to completion.
- Execute agreed project management plans to ensure all deliverables are acheived on time and within the scopes and budgets set. Direct the execution of the overall project and its separate workstreams, interpret key technical inputs and validate that all deliverables meet the required technical and regulatory requirements set. Coordinate the interaction of and dependencies between various work packages and manage the interfaces between external contractors to improve overall project delivery.
- Manage the procurement of all goods and services required by the project in accordance with company policy and Irish and EU legislative requirements. Actively engage with key suppliers to negotiate main project contracts (e.g. CBoP, EBoP, OE) on favourable commerical terms which are in line with marketplace norms. Administer key project contracts and oversee the delivery of goods and services in accordance the contract terms and technical specifications set. Analyse any claims and variations to determine their validity and enage with suppliers to resolve.
- Ensure liaison with all key external stakeholders as appropriate to aid the delivery of various licences and permits.
- Ensure Environmental, Health & Safety management systems are put in place, maintained
and proactively managed in accordance with best practice and regulatory requirements. All
employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for
ensuring Health, Safety and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public.
- Lead and Performance Manage your direct report(s). Proactively participate in the
Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team's
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge and attributes:
Honours Degree in Engineering (NFQ 8), recognised Project Management qualification an
5 years experience at Senior Project Manager or equivalent level;
Excellent Project Management skills are essential for this role;
Excellent contract negotiation and financial management skills are essential for this role;
Excellent Technical Report writing and communications skills essential;
Proficiency in the English language is a requirement, alongside eligibility to work in Ireland;
A “can do” work ethic with excellent problem solving skills;
Proficient in AutoCAD, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project. Knowledge of PSSE, EPLAN
would be an advantage;
Working knowledge of planning processes is desirable.