- Management of 2 Accounts Assistants ( and Resale Accounts Payable.
- Production of monthly divisional and consolidated management accounts within 5 working days to include P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash flow with all relevant supporting reconciliations.
- Full responsibility for sales, margin, margin support, settlement discount and stock loss analysis.
- Weekly KPI reporting to trading team.
- Work closely with Financial Controller on annual budget and quarterly forecast submissions.
- Management of the year-end statutory audit with specific responsibility for the main trading companies and consolidated group accounts. This will include audit management, preparation of financial statements, ROI & NI tax compliance
- Preparation of weekly cash flow submitted to Group.
- Intrastat, VIES and Customs compliance.
- Quarterly review of order books for VAT compliance, and working closely with the Merchandising team on quarterly order book reconciliations.
- Ownership of stock reconciliations and responsible for inventory forecasting.
- Responsible for Intercompany accounting.
- Continuous improvement of finance processes.
- Internal audit of key business processes.
- Compliance reporting for cash and stock across the business.
- Project work for ERP implementation.
- Ad Hoc project work as and when required by the Financial Controller.
Technical Skills and Experience
- Qualified Accountant with at least 3-5 years’ experience at a similar level.
- Strong technical accounting skills with up to date knowledge of relevant IFRS standards.
- Experience in the retail / FMCG sector is a distinct advantage.
- Experience in ERP implementation is a distinct advantage.
- Experience in manging a small team an advantage.
- Advanced excel user and strong system skills required.
For more information contact Sheelagh Newman on 045 988 500