Senior Accounts Payable
Bray - Fixed Term Contract / Maternity Leave
Start Date: Dec / January 2019
My client is seeking to appoint a Senior Accounts Payable candidate to cover a fixed term contract
The successful candidate will need to have 3-4 years’ experience in a Senior Accounts Payable role.
Candidates must have strong Excel skills and also be proficient in processing EFT payment runs
- Prepare and review mid-month and month end payment runs along with processing manual payments / rebate payments / customer refunds when required.
- Responsibility for accounting & analysis of certain costs/ P&L items as part of month end reporting.
- Heavy involvement in month end process and balancing of AP ERP system with company financial system, preparing and reviewing aged creditors listing, balance sheet recs and ensuring all costs are accrued.
- Reconciliation of supplier statements to ledger and processing of invoices on ERP system.
- Review of aged PO’s and reversal of invalid items where necessary
- Maintaining and improving the robustness of the existing AP control environment.
- Liaise with other departments, Internal & External auditors.
- Managing the running of the ERP system, maintaining approval matrix, setting up new users, amending authorisation requirements and dealing with system providers when issues arise.
- Providing proactive hands on support to the AP and finance functions as required.
- 3-4 years’ experience in a senior accounts payable role.
- Detailed knowledge, gained at managerial and operational level of how to implement best practice within the Accounts Payable function.
- Strong accounting knowledge gained formally or informally particularly in the payables area, full understanding of accruals & prepayments.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to proactively identify and resolve issues.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Assertive, energetic self-starter who demonstrates an ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to lead and work as part of a team
- Advanced PC skills & IT savvy – Word, Excel, Outlook & experience using multiple ERP and finance GL packages.
For more information on this role, please contact Damian Ryan. Tel: 045-988500