QC Lab Technician
Permanent full time
Salary: circa €26,000
Minimum 1-2 years' experience in a similar role
- Perform environmental monitoring, water monitoring, and lab support testing including identification Bioburden testing in accordance with GLP, GMP and regulatory requirements.
- Perform testing of raw materials and finished product in accordance with the validated methods, ensuring compliance to regulatory requirements. Performing method qualifications/validations of new products.
- Support process simulations by performing inspection, reconciliation and growth promotion testing as required.
- Perform environmental monitoring of clean rooms and controlled environments. Preparation of trend reports for review by Compliance & Lab Manager
- Support and comply with safety and compliance initiatives on site.
- Support/perform media growth promotion and maintenance of Stock Cultures.
- Operation of laboratory equipment and stock levels and perform general housekeeping activities.
- Participate in training and personal development opportunities identified by the Compliance & Lab Manager
- Generation of Quality reports
- Perform general laboratory duties on a daily basis
- Bachelor Degree or higher preferred; ideally in a Science (Microbiology) discipline
- Minimum 1 years’ experience gained within a GLP environment
- Experience in ISO 17025:2005, preferable but not essential
- Capable of planning, executing and delivering testing procedures and reporting within specified timeframes
- Fluent PC skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project
- The ability to learn specific, practical techniques and apply this knowledge to solve technical problems
- Good hand and eye coordination and the ability to use technical equipment with accuracy
- The ability to maintain and calibrate technical equipment
- Time management skills in order to work on several different projects at the same time
- Flexibility in order to work with and provide support for a number of people
- Excellent oral communication skills in order to work effectively with colleagues from all parts of the organisation and to explain complex techniques to interested parties
- Experience in providing demonstrations and writing technical reports
- Teamwork skills and patience
- Attention to detail