NPI Project Engineer
Location: Dublin 12
Salary: €40,000 - €42,000
Based in our Dublin manufacturing facility, your role will be part of the global MSAT New Solutions Engineering (NSE) Team, reporting to the MSAT NSE Manager.
- Support MSAT NSE activities associated with the development, selection and implementation of new pilot-scale or full-scale equipment/technologies for the production of new topical products or formats.
- Provide technical expertise on the development of the manufacturing process, equipment selection, functionality and definition of critical quality attributes.
- Manage or participate in the identification and implementation of new technologies, as required for new or existing products.
- Evaluate proposed changes to equipment or filling/packing processes in relation to the impact on the product quality, safety, stability, performance or waste reduction.
- Work with key stakeholders and equipment suppliers to help identify and eliminate variables in their processes that lead to quality issues and downtime.
- Evaluate component functionality, machine compatibility and performance on-line, including the coordination of technical trials
- To plan, manage, co-ordinate and design the 'front-end' design of the project whilst evaluating quality, value engineering and design for Manufacture (DFM) principles
- To source, select, procure, inspect, approve and oversee installation and qualification of equipment, machines and systems associated with the execution of MSAT NSE projects
- Preparation of equipment specifications, budget estimates, scope documents, IA submittals, purchase requisitions, cost control data sheets, meeting minutes and circulation of same
- Prepare and review documentation relating to equipment or processes associated with NPI projects, e.g specifications, validation documents, test protocols, URS’s etc.
- Support the development/update of procedures
- Promote interdepartmental liaison and co-operation during NPI project execution.
- Ensure that all stakeholders have implemented the necessary support systems and documentation prior to commercial launch
What you'll need to succeed
You will have an engineering or science degree ideally backed 1-2 years of relevant project engineering experience (preferably related to New Product Introductions, bulk, filling and packaging).
Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 1-2 years relevant experience in Pharmaceutical, medical devices or healthcare.
- Knowledge of bulk production, filling and packaging processes and techniques
- Strong understanding of GMP and a right first time approach
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills, ability to handle multiple tasks in a timely manner
Attitude & Behaviours
- A “ can do” attitude and genuine enthusiasm for delivering projects on time
- A positive mindset of Safety First
- A confident team player who can work with a high degree of autonomy.
- Ability to engage and influence key internal stakeholders so that they can deliver projects on schedule and to the right quality
- Ability to act as a team leader, team player and work independently on multiple activities