Location: Drogheda, Co. Louth
Permanent Full Time
Base Salary plus Shift Allowance
The position is one geared towards increasing the up time of the production facility, involving both the maintenance and repair of production, and any other equipment.
- Maintain all production machinery, ensuring availability to production
- Repair all minor breakdowns electrical and mechanical regardless of bias (electrical or mechanical)
- Carry out preventative maintenance work to production machinery as per manufacturers specifications
- Monitor and repair were necessary, all utility services for machinery
- Maintain Engineering area in terms of good house keeping
- Carry out minor electrical and mechanical installations regardless of bias(electrical or mechanical)
- Liaise with production supervisor/manager during production downtime, and installation work
- Work in conjunction with Health & Safety Reps and the Health and Safety Office in Carrying out risk assessments on machinery and daily tasks, leading to recognised safe procedures of work
- Extended training on specific machines (machine ownership)
- Aid in the design, installation of new lines and processes
Skills / Qualifications:
- Time served apprenticeship (Fitter, Welder, Toolmaker etc.) and/or Time served apprenticeship (Electrician, Instrumentation etc.) and/or Third level. Mechatronics, Electromechanical etc. (NFQ Level 7 minimum)
- Electrical and Mechanical capabilities essential.
- Experience working within a similar role within the Manufacturing industry.
- Self motivated.
- Ability to problem solve and repair as an individual
- Proactive thinking is paramount.
- Ensure the culture of continuous improvement is maintained and developed throughout the factory
- Be familiar with and conform to the company’s Health and Safety Programme
- Comply with all relevant Health and Safety legislation and observe all safety rules