12 Month Contract x2, Permanent x1
Reporting to the Microbiology Laboratory Supervisor the successful candidate will be responsible for Water testing, Microbial Limits testing, Environmental Monitoring and associated activities in support of the Athlone site.
- To perform Microbiology testing of In-Process / Finished Product samples, Raw materials and environmental monitoring/water samples in accordance with written procedures and best practice
- Accurate and timely recording of all information pertinent to the task being performed.
- To plan and execute all work in an accurate, efficient and timely manner.
- Initiate, Compile and Complete laboratory investigations using Root Cause Analysis.
- To ensure that all aspects of GMP / GLP are maintained to a high standard.
- To perform a quality/technical review of data generated in the Laboratory.
- To ensure a high standard of Safety and Housekeeping is maintained in the Laboratory.
- To ensure all instruments and equipment are maintained in a calibrated and operational state.
- To represent the organisation/department as may be required due to technical knowledge and ability.
- Third level qualification in Microbiology or related discipline, preferably BSc in Microbiology.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a pharmaceutical or related industry in the field of Microbiology ideally with experience of environmental monitoring of graded area
- Experience of FDA/HPRA regulated site.
- Excellent knowledge of Microbiology laboratory practices, and cGMP applicable to a pharmaceutical environment.
- Logical troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven track record in your current role is essential.
- Responds positively to changing circumstances and priorities.