Health & Safety Manager
Competitive Salary & benefits
Permanent Full time Vacancy
- Ensure that all employees have appropriate training, information, and knowledge to ensure that their work activities are carried out in a safe manner.
- Responsible for facilitating and conducting on-going safety training for all employees in the business, and ensuring that new employees (including agency personnel) receive timely inductions prior to commencing their role.
- Training records for all employees to be maintained in an appropriate systematic format, and in format that is consistent across all sites.
- Ensure that all activities across the business have robust and up-to-date risk assessments.
- Develop and implement standard operating procedures and training to ensure that all risks are appropriately managed.
- Continuously monitor, evaluate and review Health and Safety policy and practice, and make recommendations and implement new policies and procedures as required.
- Conduct accident/incident investigations to identify root cause analysis and implement control measures to prevent reoccurrences.
- Ensure Site Managers and Supervisors are actively engaged in the audit process and all Health and Safety systems.
- Provide site personnel with the appropriate training and systems to ensure that they can adequately monitor this. Conduct regular programme of audits to evaluate compliance with same.
- Ensure all internal and external health and safety reporting requirements are complied with.
- Work with the EPA, HSA, RSA and all relevant public bodies who visit the sites to ensure compliance with all relevant legislation.
- Degree level qualification in Health and Safety
- Eight (8) years’ experience within the Services/Manufacturing industry
- Good report writing skills with proficiency in MS Office
- Competent in Excel and adept at dealing with large complex spreadsheets
- Team player with ability to work on their own initiative
- Be flexible and prepared to work in any required areas
- A “can do” work ethic with excellent problem solving skills
- Proficiency in the English language is a requirement alongside eligibility to work in Ireland